Model Driven Architecture
Enterprise Architect provides the capability of executing Model Driven Architecture (MDA) transforms. It provides a fully configurable method of converting model elements and model fragments from one domain to another. This typically involves converting Platform-Independent Model (PIM) elements to Platform-Specific Model (PSM) elements. A single element from the PIM could be responsible for creating multiple PSM elements across multiple domains.
Transformations are a huge productivity boost, and reduce the need to manually implement stock classes and elements for a particular implementation domain. For example, database tables can be automatically derived from persistent PIM classes.
Enterprise Architect's MDA capabilities allow you to:
- Leverage built-in transformations to automatically derive:
- Data Models (DDL)
- Code Models, including C# and Java
- XML models, such as XSD and WSDL
- Test Models for JUnit and Nunit
- Activity diagrams and test scripts from Structured Use Case Scenarios
- Define new transformations using a powerful, template driven approach
- Repeat transformations to ensure consistency between source and target models as they change over time.