Create Azure Diagrams
You can create a diagram by right-clicking on its parent Package and selecting the 'Add Diagram' menu option to display the 'New Diagram' dialog.
If you do not have the Microsoft Azure Perspective selected, click on the drop-down arrow in the Type field and select 'Analysis > Microsoft Azure'.
In the 'Diagram' field type an appropriate name for the diagram, in the 'Select From panel' click on 'Microsoft Azure', and in the 'Diagram Types' panel click on 'Azure', and then click on the Diagram Toolbox opens, showing a small number of UML base element types for Azure. However, you create your diagrams using the images dragged onto the diagram from the Azure Library Packages that you imported, illustrated here:. The 'Azure' page of the
Note that the Azure diagrams are automatically set to Custom Style, and when you right-click on an element in the diagram you can make use of the Custom Style icons on the Custom Styles Toolbar.
Each Package in the downloaded 'Microsoft Azure icons and images' pattern has a diagram that shows every image that is included in the Package.
To add one of these images to your diagram, locate it in the Browser window by either:
- Searching for it by name or
- Opening the diagram for the Package that you believe it should be in, finding it in the diagram and pressing to highlight the Image Asset in the Browser window
Now drag-and-drop the Image Asset onto your diagram. You can choose to:
- Add it as an element with an icon
- Add it as an element with an image, or
- (If you have made an element from the icon already) Add as link