Supported Database Management Systems
Enterprise Architect has built in support for a comprehensive range of database management systems, but it also provides the flexibility to extend the product to support other DBMSs. The DDL template editor can be used to define how to generate DDL for an unsupported DBMS, the transformation templates can be used to define a new transformation to a physical model for an unsupported DBMS, and new datatypes can be defined for an existing or new DBMS.
Enterprise Architect provides the modeling constructs and the ability to forward and reverse engineer a database schema for these Database Management Systems:
- MS Access 97, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2013
- MS SQL Server from 2005, all editions including Express and Azure SQL Database
- MySQL v4, v5
- Oracle from 9i (all editions)
- PostgreSQL (including version 12)
- Informix (#)
- Ingres (#)
- InterBase (#)
- Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (Sybase ASA) (#)
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (Sybase ASE) (#)
(#) - No further development will be undertaken on these DBMSs, as these products are not commonly used by the Enterprise Architect user base. This will allow Sparx Systems to concentrate its efforts on the other areas of Database modeling which are used extensively.
- To perform data modeling for a particular DBMS, you must have the appropriate data types for that DBMS in your repository; you can download the most up-to-date data definitions from the 'Resources' page of the Sparx Systems web site