Whilst BPSim is integrated with the Unified and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, it is separate from the Corporate edition and - after purchase - has to be installed on your system.
For all three editions, you must ensure that the right versions of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Development Kit (JDK) are also installed on your system.
Install the BPSim Execution Engine (Corporate Edition)
You can purchase and download the BPSim Execution Engine from the 'Products' page of the Sparx Systems website (sparxsystems.com/products). As part of this process, you will receive a registration key by email, to enable you to use the system beyond a 14-day trial period.
Install JDE and JDK
To use the Sparx Systems BPSim Execution Engine, you must have on your system Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.7 or higher and, if your BPSim Configuration contains any property parameters, you must also have Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.7 or higher.
You do not need to do any further configuration for the engine unless you have multiple versions of JRE/JDK on your system and you want to specify which version the execution engine should use. In this case, apply these environment variables as shown:
- Click on the Windows 'Start' icon and select the 'Computer' option.
- From the banner menu, select the 'System properties' option.
- From the side panel, select the 'Advanced system settings' option.
- On the 'Advanced' tab of the 'System Properties' dialog, click on the .
- On the 'Environment Variables' dialog, in the 'System variables' panel, click on the .
- On the 'New System Variable' dialog, complete the fields with the values shown:
For JRE: Variable name: MDG_BPSIM_JRE_HOME
Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
For JDK: Variable name: MDG_BPSIM_JDK_HOME
Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51
- Click on the .
- You must re-start your machine for the new variables to take effect.