Installing New Versions
If you are installing a newer version of the Pro Cloud Server product then the new installer will automatically uninstall the old version. Before installing a new version, typically it is better to manually stop the 'Sparx System Professional Cloud' Windows service because the installer might have problems performing this task and will require the machine to be rebooted after the installation is finished.
Note: The installer has been designed to retain all configuration settings of a previous installation (except Firewall rules, see Firewall Notes at the end of this topic)
- Run the installer using the earlier installation steps.
- The installer will have copied the newest version of WebEA to the location specified during installation; if this location is not being used by your web server, you need to manually copy (and overwrite) all WebEA files (except the includes/webea_config.ini file) from the installation folder to the web server folder. See WebEA Consideration.
- As above, if you use the WebConfig client you should copy the contents of the WebConfig folder (specified during installation) to the appropriate location on your Web Server, overwriting the existing WebConfig files (except settings.php).
The release of Pro Cloud Server version 4 made changes to the default installation folder and the main configuration filename. These changes require special considerations depending on your situation and whether you want to retain any of your previous configuration.
Pro Cloud Server 4's default installation path has been changed to:
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\'
The configuration filename has been changed to:
Installation folder name change
Firebird Database Managers
If you have any Firebird-based Database Managers defined, their connection strings will contain the path of the old installation folder, e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Cloud Services\Service\Models\'; work through these steps:
- Make a note of each Firebird-based Database Manager, the database name, Alias and extended settings.
- Delete each of the Firebird-based Database Managers.
- Shut down the Pro Cloud Server Windows service.
- Physically move all Firebird database files from the old installation folder to the new installation folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\Service\Models\'.
- Start the Pro Cloud Server Windows service.
- Recreate each of the Firebird Database Managers.
If your environment has any Integration Plug-ins defined and they were created prior to PCS4.1 then the physical path of the SBPI executables will be defined in the definitions; each path will need to be updated to the new installation path. PCS4.1 and later has removed the need to define the complete path to the SBPI executables.
If you wish to retain your previous configuration from version 2 or 3 of the Pro Cloud Server into version 4 or later, you must follow these steps:
- Shut down the Pro Cloud Server.
- Back up the default PCS4 configuration file by renaming C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\Service\SSProCloud.config' to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\Service\SSProCloud-default.config'.
- The old configuration file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cloud Services\Service\SSCloudServices.config' will have to be manually copied into the new installation folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\Service\' using the new name SSProCloud.config.
- Start the Pro Cloud Server Windows Service.
WebEA Note: In regard to WebEA, consider the situation in which WebEA was installed to the default location and your website is being served by Apache in C:\Xampp\htdocs\webea. This command will perform the required copy and not override your existing configuration file in the live site:
robocopy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\WebEA" "C:\xampp\htdocs\webea" /MIR /e /DCOPY:T /njh /ndl /nfl /xf webea_config*.ini
Firewall Note: The installer creates a Firewall rule for the Pro Cloud Server. This rule is removed and re-created during an upgrade. If you had previously modified this rule then you will need to apply these changes again after the Pro Cloud Server installation.
Note: To avoid the need to manually adjust the standard firewall rule after each reinstall, you can create a complete new firewall rule using a different name.